Pages

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Pumpkin Whoopie Pies a Day Late


I was supposed to post this yesterday, but I have sooo much going on right now. So, I apologize for being a day late.  Pumpkin Whoopie Pies!  Here's what you'll need:

 
1 Betty Crocker SuperMoist Spice cake mix
1/3 cup butter, softened
1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin
2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
2 whole eggs (I used small eggs and they came out really moist)
1/2 cup milk
1 (16 ounce) container Betty Crocker cream cheese frosting




Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and line your cookie sheet with parchment paper or cooking spray. I used Baking Joy cooking spray with flour.



 Throw it all in a bowl and mix slowly for 30 seconds or until combined, then beat for 1-2 minutes. The batter will be on the wet side.
 Drop tablespoon-sized dollops onto the cookie sheet and try to make sure they are all the same size.

Mine were pretty big and I only ended up with ten when they were all put together, but you can make them any size you want. They need to match up when you put them together though.
 Bake for 10-11 minutes.

I had three trays so it took me a little longer. I think I baked for about 20 minutes.











Let them cool completely.



Frost a cookie with a dollop of cream cheese frosting and top with another cookie. They really aren't cookie texture, but they are about the size of one.

I used a little powdered sugar to decorate them.

Store in an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to eat.

I'm not usually a fan of pumpkin, but these were really good and they didn't last. They were gone in less than about a week If you like pumpkin desserts then you'll love these so go give them a try.

If you have any questions, tips, hints, or recipes leave a comment or contact me via the contact box.

No comments:

Post a Comment